It can be surprising to find mold on your bathroom tiles in San Fernando. Does it run deeper? Do you need a bathroom tile replacement? These are both expensive questions if you answer them with a yes. Nonetheless, it’s important to remember that quick, deliberate action to rid your bathroom of all mold is necessary to maintain a healthy, peaceful space.
In most cases, mold growth is difficult to detect when growing in the home. Unless seen first-hand, most homeowners are unaware of any mold until it’s too late. Small leaks around the toilet, beneath the sink, or inside the walls behind the shower can be a breeding ground for spores, which later advance into mold.
Elsewhere in your home, water leaks and damage are relatively obvious due to the space being dry a majority of the time. However, the bathroom is your realm of water. It’s the room that’s moist 50 percent of the time. Furthermore, you trust your bathroom tile and features to be installed correctly to combat the growth of mold out-of-sight. But what if one tile’s grout is not properly installed? You could have a mold problem on your hands.
How To Identify Bathroom Mold
It’s imperative you do your due diligence to find mold before it becomes a huge problem. Various warning signs exist, and all you have to do is pay attention:
- Smell – If mold is growing in your bathroom, you will notice a persistent, pungent, damp smell. The bathroom will be dry, yet it smells wet. This is a warning sign that you may have mold growth. Furthermore, mold spores decompose house materials like wood, sheetrock, and more. The smell will be slightly different depending on which material the mold spores are attacking.
- Appearance – Do your bathroom tiles look muddy and feel damp when you step or push on them? You most likely have mold growing beneath them.
- Ants – These pests prefer moist wood or dirt to burrow into. If you notice ants in your bathroom, you may have a wood-rot problem. The cause could be mold.
- Damage – If you notice any crumbling plaster, discoloration of any kind, cracked tiles, loose tiles, or blistering paint, you may have a mold issues. At the very least, this wall damage is the warning sign before mold sets in.
- Mold – A clear sign that you have a mold problem is if you visibly see it on your bathroom floor tiles or anywhere else in the bathroom.
Mold Health Symptoms
If you have mold in your bathroom, you may already be experiencing the following symptoms:
- Respiratory Problems like coughing, sneezing, or wheezing
- Swollen eyelids, itchy eyes, or general sinus issues
- Sinus congestion, runny nose, or sneezing
- Irritability, depression, or dizziness
How To Remove Mold Properly
You have two options when it comes to mold removal. You can use a DIY mold removal kit, which can be effective, if used properly. However, there are dangers to doing this yourself like spreading spores to other locations, which results in even more mold growth. Your second option is to call a professional mold remediation company.
Do You Need New Bathroom Tile?
At Transworld Tile, we offer a wide variety of bathroom tiles to fit your needs. Whether you need marble, glass, tone, italian, or porcelain, we have it in our selection. We’ve been serving San Fernando and the surrounding areas for more than 30 years. Visit our showroom today or give us a call now!